Sew Coordinated Sewing Kit

{Guest Designer}
---------

August 2015 Kit



Wow!  I cannot believe it's August already.  Time is flying by sew fast.  As we enter August, it's time to begin the transition to Fall.   This month's Sew Coordinated -- a monthly subscription sewing kit (sign up HERE) brought to you by Mama Made and Beautiful Fabrics helps you do just that  -- these gorgeous fabrics are by Lewis & Irene in the "A Little Bird Told Me" line.


Included in the kit this month are:

Whew!  4 yards of fabric means a whole lot of creations.  If you remember the last Sew Coordinated kit I sewed, you know I like to get the most out of it.  Last time, I got 2 dresses with matching headbands.  This month -- well...

I made items for 4 outfits (and could have made a 5th if I hadn't already used one for pockets and linings -- kind of sad about that still).

Let's start with the fabric in order: 


I actually saved this fabric for last.  "Cottage Garden on Coffee" is my favorite print of the 5 and I wanted to make sure I used the best pattern to showcase it.  I'm glad I chose the Samantha Suspender Skirt by Made For Mermaids.  This fall, I'll pair it with a slim long sleeve tee, but for my daughter's comfort on this hot, summer day, I photographed it with short sleeves.  I used the included blue buttons at the base of the suspenders.  So cute!


This Tobago is my half yard wonder!  I was able to make a size 3/4 in a 15" length with "Geo on Tea".  I did have to use an alternate fabric for the back facing... but shh.... no one can tell ;)  And this fabric matches perfectly with my daughter's yellow shoes!


These next two dresses actually use the remaining 3 fabrics.  Little Lizard King has a new pattern  -Daddy's Girl - headed into testing and I begged Cassie to let me pretest it for her so I could make my posting deadline.  I alternated "Little Birds on Light Blue" and "A Little Bird Told Me on Peach" to make coordinating dresses for both girls.  I used "Cottage Flowers on Welsh Blue" for the lining of my oldest's and the pockets of both dresses.  But, I am wishing I had saved it for a second Tobago instead. 


I decided to use the lace trim on this version (although it seems it's difficult to see on the bodice in the photograph).  In order to feature the bird (and because my OCD would not let me have a bird off-center), I chose to use the "A Little Bird Told Me on Peach" as an overlay on a white bodice.  I carried the lace down to the hem and used it to peek out from under the curved hem on the sides.


The included Gutermann thread matched perfectly and of course, sews so nicely.  And the pin wand?  Yeah, I needed that!  Somehow during sewing, my pins seem to mysteriously end up on my floor in the carpet around me.  One quick pass over the carpet with this wand and all my pins are back in place.  There is also a hole that I can string a ribbon through so I can wear it instead.  Could this mean the end of pins on the floor?!

Here are some additional pictures of my "Sew Coordinated" girls because well, I can't resist :)






These kits are so much fun and challenge my creativity to use only the kit .... or mostly. HA!

I have been given insight on next month's kits --- you do not want to miss them... seriously.

Read below to answer any questions you may have about the kits!!

P.S. Rumor has it that I will be a permanent designer to showcase the kits each month -- eeks!!  So pencil me in for another installment on the 5th of each month!


Sew Coordinated FAQ:

  • What is Sew Coordinated? 
Sew Coordinated is a monthly kit club! Each month, there will be a brand new kit debuting with coordinating fabrics, trims, and other goodies!These kits are guaranteed to be priced lower than if you would buy all the products separately at retail prices. I am SO excited at what I have to bring you!
  • How much does it cost? 
Sew Coordinated costs $50/month shipped domestically. It will ship in a flat rate padded envelope with free delivery confirmation and insurance. If you are international, it will be $45/month + the cost of a flat rate envelope to you. If you are a member of Mama Made and Beautiful (my fabric retail shop), I am happy to include it with one of your packages!
  • How does it work? 
You can purchase Sew Coordinated as a membership subscription or on a monthly basis. If you choose to purchase on a monthly basis, you do run the risk of the kits being sold out. If you purchase a subscription, you are guaranteed the kit. Subscriptions run for a 6 month time period.
  • What is the cost of being a Sew Coordinated kit club member? 
To become a Sew Coordinated kit club member, you will be charged an initial $10 membership fee. You will be required to pay this fee within 24 hours. After paying the $10 fee, I will send you a link to subscribe to 6 months of Sew Coordinated. You will be automatically billed $50/month for the next 6 months starting immediately.
  • Why is it worth it to become a kit club member?? 
---- You will be guaranteed to get a kit! The first few months of the kit have already been purchased and I only have what I have so if you become a kit club member, you are guaranteed to get the kit during your subscription period! Your kits will come before anyone purchasing month by month!
---- You will get an extra half yard of coordinating solid fabric in your kit every month! The total retail value of this is around $30 for a 6 month subscription!
---- You will have first dibs at all sales, extra kit offerings, and insider info!
---- Because Sew Coordinated is going to be the next big thing and you want in!! There will only be a limited number of kit club subscriptions and once they are filled, you will be added to a waiting list for a subscription!


5 comments on "Sew Coordinated Sewing Kit"
  1. GORGEOUS!!!!!! ah you have nooo idea how badly this makes me want to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! You really seriously do not want to miss next month!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jen! You really seriously do not want to miss next month!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh....so excited to see you do this every month. I want to sign up but I have grounded myself from sewing for a few months (need to get my bookkeeping business caught up and organized before I can start back). Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! You are the sweetest <3 Seriously, get yourself out of timeout.... LOL Hurry!!!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature